Saturday, June 19, 2010

Vegetables and Being Domestic



A lovely day yesterday. Full of yummy food and summer awesomeness. After a morning in the office dying to be outside in the sun... I escaped with Michelle, Jason, and Shawn to the Lenox Friday Farmers market. I got my usual apples, strawberries, and spinach. And then I got some more rhubarb! to try a new delicious rhubarb recipe. I also got my usual cookie and this time also tried some other goodies (sorry diet of mine) including some berry pie and a rhubarb crumble that just looked too good to pass up.

Then we had another dress rehearsal for Amorous Quarrel which was fun- nice and short. I kinda love that its only me. I can show up whenever I think I need to instead of ridiculously early just because someone else thinks its neccessary. And perhaps I won't get in trouble for my choices of black clothing so much this year. Dare to dream

And after the run- it was time to COOK! I made this rhubarb reduction I geuss which was really good- I put it in my oatmeal. And then I started on the oatmeal rhubarb crumble. I did double the topping because it just didnt seem like enough to me to cover the pan.


Based on Andre and Michelle's enthusiasm to try it I'd say it was a success. It was quite a domestic day for me... cooking, laudry, sewing, cleaning, and in general being awesome. I'm enjoying learning to cook (although that was mostly baking) I'm thinking I'd like to try some more complicated stuff. Maybe actually cooking a more complicated meat than eggs, or turkey sloppy joes. It would be nice to actually have a clue as to how to cook a piece of fish.

Plus I think this whole healthy eating thing would be much easier if I didn't have to buy anything processed and could still make anything I wanted. I am making progress. There is now no Mac and Cheese in my cupboard- but there is a fair amount of canned soup. Perhaps for next week I ought to try making soup then... hmmm... I like this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment