Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The illusive 4th mile

Yesterday I completed my very first 5k. After being inspired by Biggest Loser. I figured if people 2 or 3 times my size can run a 5k there is no earthly reason why I can't do the same. I have benn slowly working up to it the last couple weeks- I was up to 2.5 miles- adding .25 miles every time I run. But then I just decided I could do it now instead of in 2 weeks. So I did. It took me 30 minutes and 13 seconds.Not fast by any means but I did it. My end goal is to be able to consitantly run 4 miles at a time 3 days a week. I don't know why 4 miles is my goal exactly. It just seems like a good number to me I guess.

My diet has not been fairing as well as my excersize. Me being the emotional eater that I am I often get bored and want Mac and Cheese. I'm making progress on making healthier choices and not eating so many carbs- but its quite the struggle for me.

I have hope though that my boredom will abate in the next week or so with the arrival of the rest of the summer people including my roomie Michelle! I'll be moving into my new room that I'm sharing with her today actually. And hopefully she'll be a good gym buddy for me.

Other than that life goes on, things are starting to pick up around here, and I think my summer resolution ought to be to eliminate unnecessary stress from my life- which I'm taking to mean men. I think I should swear them off for the summer. I need a break from boy issues- it's been a long year as far as that is concerned, I could use a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment